I'm feeling rather cheerful this week and there are lots of things that have put a smile on my face. We've all still got colds but they're almost gone (it's more of a sniffle now) and our throats and coughs are much better. Aaron took some time off work last week and I think he's feeling much better for it; he reached a point of exhaustion where he just needed to stop for a bit. It's done us all good to have an extra day as a family and a morning just Aaron and I (see 'Couple Time'). I apologise in advance for the long post, I've got a few more than 3 reasons this week!!
- We're starting to get somewhere (ish) with the outstanding claim on Aaron's insurance. He had an accident waaaaay back in June 2012 (see here) when a lorry driver pulled out of a junction in front of him. The other parties insurance company at first disputed liability and kept asking for additional details but for the last few months they've simply been ignoring Aaron's insurance company! Tesco, Aaron's insurers, have made the decision to take them to court so hopefully, fingers crossed and *knock on wood*, the whole thing should be sorted out this year. It's gone on far too long!
- Remember me mentioning about my Brother and his job situation being totally up in the air? He finally has a proper offer and a start date in April. It will mean he's out of work for a couple of months..but it's better than being out of work completely!
- Pancake Day was a success! I'm rubbish at making pancakes, it was one of those things that I just simply couldn't cook...until Tuesday. I've 'mastered' pancakes..and they're yummy :)
- We're going on Holiday this year!! It will be mine and Aaron's first Holiday together ever and our first family Holiday! I'm so excited!! Aaron's Dad bought us a 7 day stay at Searles, Hunstanton, in a lovely family lodge as a Wedding Present. It's going to be wonderful, so much to do and see and the children will love the beach!
- It's Valentine's Day! I can't stand the soppyness and the commercial side of it but I enjoy having one day each year that is dedicated to love and letting the special person (or people, if you include your children/family in the day) in your life know just how much you care for them. Aaron and I try to do this each day but it's nice to have a day when everything is just that little bit more special. I love to bake so I made some Lemon Drizzle Hearts for today and the kids also created a Heart Garland to put up :)
Happy Valentine's Day!